Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Day Finally Came!

Today I became a graduate of Athens State University with a B.S. in Social Science with a minor in Secondary Education. Spent the day celebrating with some family and friends. They say behind every good man is a good woman. Well, I don't know if am considered a "good" man, but I know I have a great wife that has stood behind me all the way. I don't know what the Lord has in store for me as I pursue a career related to my degree, but I know he is in charge, so all I have to do is make sure I am listening.

Today was also bittersweet. As I celebrated this accomplishment in my life, I wish Mom could be there to share it with me. Ten days from now will mark five years that we lost her. It just does not seem like that long, but then again it seems like an eternity sometimes. Speaking of eternity, I know she was watching from Heaven as she held that little one that Monica and I never got to know due to her ectopic pregnancy and said "That's your daddy!"

1 comment:

  1. I thought about that n the way to the ceremony myself. I believe that God allowed her and your little one both to be a part of this big day. I am so proud of you, big brother! I love you!

    ReplyDelete